the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, March 22, 2010

The day after

Just got home. And one of the news links I ran across says that states all over these fruity plains of ours are lining up to challenge, in court, the unconstitutionality of Obama's health care legacy stunt.

Here's one...

AP HARRISBURG, Pa. — Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett is planning to join a legal challenge to federal health care reform legislation.

Corbett's spokesman Kevin Harley said Monday that Corbett is working with counterparts in several other states. The suit will challenge the constitutionality of the bill. It is not clear where the challenge will be filed.

Harley says more details will be released later Monday.

President Barack Obama is preparing to sign the bill that passed the U.S. House last night. The U.S. Senate is due to start considering a companion bill shortly.

Corbett is a Republican and is running for governor of Pennsylvania.

Damn straight!

As a right-leaning blogger in NEPA, I fit in with the local blogosphere like a one-legged sprinter with flaring hemorroids at the Olympics. So when I made my way through the localized electronic buzz just now, I was expecting to read about all of the wonderful things that await us now that the Fedrule Govmint has upped and seized control of even more of the flailing private sector.

But no. No grandiose statements about the coming utopia. Instead, I was treated to post after post commenting on the racial epitaphs and the like that were hurled at Democrat legislators by the lowest of all possible pond scum, parasitic protozoan life forms...the Tea Party folks.

Yawn.

And some even stated that, as the misguided few go, so goes the remainder of the right-leaning herd, which is preposterous. It's as glaringly stupid as stupidity gets. Painting with a wide, wide brush they are. I'm guilty as charged, I suppose. Hang me. Try it.

Gee, I can't recall anyone from the opposite side of the political aisle saying hateful, mean-spirited and ill-advised things about George Bush, Karl Rove, Condi Rice, or Clarence Thomas. No, only the right-leaning are filled with apoplectic invective. (???)

As a card-carrying fiscal conservative and social centrist, I can promise you that I have not called anyone the big, bad "N" word since the very late 60s. Now, allow me to explain before you call the word police on me.

That was right after I was beaten nearly delirious by 3 brothers and slashed with a knife for daring to be a white boy walking home from school too close to Liberty Street. Not something the homegrown locals had to worry about in Wilkes-Barre, Forty Fort, Dunmore or Glen Lyon.

Different time, different place, same end result...39 sutures at the Griffin Hospital emergency room. A new pair of glasses, and a beating from my evil step-dad for being a "pussy." 6th grade in Western Connecticut. Not to worry, though. Michael King, 3 years older than me, twice as big and 10 times as strong exacted a goodly measure of revenge before he got shipped off to reform school. Back in those days, they grew those kids real big in Maine.

And I have not called anyone the "F" word that rhymes with maggot since the mid 80s. But I think that all gay coworkers should understand that when they decide to up and squeeze the left cheek of a straight coworker, all bets are off. I'm no law enforcement professional, but I'm quite certain they could have charged me with aggravated assault on that one. Never happened again. And being that it more of less amounted to beating on a ya-ya-laden girl, I almost felt bad afterwards. Almost.

So spare me the ill-advised broad brush characterizations. Spare me the ridiculous untruths. And spare me the insulting guilt by association. Now try telling me about how Obama made it possible to reach Nirvana by tonight. Oh, that.

Yeah, that.

I will also admit to once calling a guy a communist, but he said he was a liberal. And later on, I called some bloke a liberal, and he corrected me by saying that he was a progressive. And after Obama & Co. lead this flat-lined economy to ruin, what will the progressives call themselves then?

This just in...from the Luzerne County GOP...

March 22, 2010

WILKES-BARRE – The Luzerne County Republican Committee has released this statement regarding the passage of the health-care reform bill by the U.S. House of Representatives on Sunday night:

It is clear to us that the "D’s" that follow the names of Congressmen Paul Kanjorski and Chris Carney stand for "deal makers."

We now see that both men forfeited principle and their role as elected officials in a representative government to further their own political goals. They ignored the will of their constituents in a last-ditch effort to salvage their congressional seats.

As each new detail of this legislation is exposed, we learn that this massive document is not just about health care as the American people were told. The backroom deals contained in this bill are astounding: special deals for some states; regulations on student loans; preferential treatment for some financial institutions; and promises of special favors.

This is disturbing on any level but is especially disconcerting to those of us who live in Luzerne County and have been bombarded for more than a year with revelations of quid pro quo governance by our elected officials.

We stand united with our Republican candidates and remain committed to our mission to restore honesty, ethics, accountability, reform and transparency to government at all levels.

Terry Casey is Chairman of the Luzerne County Republican Party.
 
Contact: Renita Fennick 570-208-4671 or 570-239-8851


Damn straight!

Today I invited a certain mayor I know to a certain blogger night out event. He sounds like he's in, but not for the entire evening. We shall see about that.

As for the fast-approaching Beer Storm, I do have a few issues that need to be resolved before my advance team can sign off on the site.

First of all, the seating arrangements. My photographer, my biographer and my spokesperson want to be seated together. And near a non-tinted window.

Secondly, my 3 bodyguards want to bring me in through an entrance/exit not accessible to the general public and far away from the always lurking paparazzi. They want to "wand" all of those Marxist-crazed bloggers. And they want free drinks.

Thirdly, any pictures taken of my entourage or myself must be approved before being taken. Autographs are strictly forbidden. And at no time can the jukebox be activated by anyone other than Gortimus Maximus, myself, or our spousal units.

And lastly, but most importantly, remember that despite my well-earned reputation, I ain't been convicted of nuthin'.

Fleet of foot, I am.

And then some.

Later

No comments: