the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Opening Day

Been busy this week.

I've been too busy for politics. Too busy for writing. And too busy for methane bubbles. For the past week, I've been studying up on the NATIONAL...FOOTBALL...LEAGUE! which, gloriously, kicks off in a couple of hours from now.

And with the NFL comes fantasy football, which, for me, also gets underway in a couple of hours from now. And how's this for starters, I've got Drew Brees firing away at an undermanned Vikings' secondary tonight. At least for a few hours, better than group sex.

If you've never done fantasy football before, trust me, you've got to fight the urge to allow it to completely consume your life. Kind of like how I've allowed it to consume my life during this past week. But, but...it's fantasy man!

As a way of making light of that obsessive compulsion that is fantasy, my son produced a video (not a slide show) that allows those of you who are still sane a brief look inside the lives of die hard fantasy footballers.

While I did have some creative input, I must warn you in advance that this video contains plenty of foul language as well as the clear suggestion that drinking beer for breakfast is somehow acceptable so long as it's game day. Well, for that matter, that drinking beer from dawn to dusk is acceptable so long as it's game day. Personally, I think the beer distributors should be forced to deliver on game day, but that's a legislative battle yet to have been won.

Anyway, foul language, excessive drinking and all...welcome to the league.

Opening Day (7:35)



Repeat after me...Jabar Gaffney.

Later

No comments: