the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Sunday, July 22, 2012

What's that orange stuff?

I am posting this 5-year-old video thingie only because my nephew Mason is sleeping over after the big party here at the new house, and also because he is now five years older and no longer built like the fireplug he once was.

But, while we were busting his ball-like nuggets, my grandsons got to asking about the orange waters and the orange staining contained within this video exercise. And I have to tell you, after further review, these are some of the best pictures, taken locally, that clearly depict what Acid Mine Drainage looks like up close and personal.

  

Forgive me if I've missed something somewhere along the way, but this is the photographic tutorial on our localized AMD issue. It's like I've repeatedly said ever since I was first invited out on to the river: Rather than stare down at it from it's banks or from a bridge, get out on it and stare back at the valley from the middle of the river. When you do, you learn.

Mason seems almost all grown now, and the orange waters continue to plague the Susquehanna River at Wilkes-Barre. Five years.

So much for raising awareness.

R.I.P., Ray.

Later

No comments: