the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, July 22, 2013

Alice in W-B & the W-B slideshow

I am sooooo there.

Alice Cooper coming to Kirby Center

I first saw AC in 1973 during a visit to the old homestead in Connecticut. The Hartford Civic Center, or some such clever name. Next up was in 1988 at the Kingston Armory with Wifey in tow (her first ever concert). Then came 2007 at the aforementioned Kirby Center. And now…2013.

Halo of Flies, man!

Somebody contacted me yesterday about this video thingy I put together some years ago. Actually, I haven’t looked at it for a few years, but I did so earlier today.

Basically, the guy wanted to know where I had gotten the pictures from. And when I responded and told him that I had taken the vast, vast majority of those pictures, he shot back in astonishment via electronic pulse within a minute.

Fact is, I personally captured 99.9% of the images contained herewith. And even more remarkably, I shot just about every one while I was out and about on my trusty Hummer bicycle.

During that timeframe, I averaged 4,000 miles pedaled a year. These days it’s closer to 1,000 per year.
Anyway, 2004-2006 was a very good period for Wilkes-Barre. Sadly, two years later the economy blew apart and Americans who vote elected a fast-talking nincompoop of a president who enacted a policy of agenda-driven stagflation ever since. And I completely loathe his very (smug) existence at this point.

Anyway, the sheer volume of work, energy and tenacity duly noted, I did this...



Crazy, wasn't I?

Or, crazy, ain't I?

Later

No comments: