the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Saturday, August 22, 2009

My latest musings

Let us begin with a brief recap of the ongoing corruption saga in Luzerne County, shall we?

What it amounts to is this: If your name is highly recognizable, if you’ve been a high-profile political player or a career politician for longer than most of us have progressed much past the drooling stage, you’re probably just as dirty as the folks currently feverishly working to delay their sentencing dates.

Details? Background? Nah, ain’t no need for any of that. Guilty as charged by the Court of The Culm. The folks that did with less, the folks that dealt with it, while our "leaders" made off with whatever could have been made off with.

They played their self-centered games for decades on end, while we picked up the scraps, i.e., we had no real employment opportunities to speak of. And as a result, our kids beat it out of here in droves by way of the brain drain highway thereby beginning the destabilizing influx of outsiders in search of affordable housing, a low cost of living and easily-had social services.

While the well-entrenched ruling class had it so good for so damn long, they basically killed this area. They killed it.

May they all rot in a 6X6, roach-infested cell.

I’ve heard much about how P.J. Best supposedly did the right thing by pulling his name for consideration of being appointed to a Pittston City Council seat by way of the back door closed meeting. Probably too much.

P.J., listen to me tell it. P.J., this is from that nether region, that region on the far side of the nearest available black hole gobbling those unfortunate enough to have ventured near it. This is from the private sector, where well-meaning people are judged on their performance, their actions and their character.

One “Ah-sh*t!” wipes out all previously earned “attaboys.”

You’re back to square one, boy.

Ever since I turned 50, I’ve been harassed nonstop by the A.A.R.P., that association of automatons currying favor with the goodie-doling Democrats.

These people have been bombarding me with offers of reduced this, reduced that and reduced everything. None of which I want nor need.

So I called them and demanded that they remove my name from the list of possible Democrat party operatives. Didn’t help. And not only did they keep the unwanted mailings coming, they upped and called me with yet another offer on my cell phone. My cell phone! A number they obviously sought out.

Look, the offers are wonderful and all, but the undeniable fact is that this is just another lobbying group in search of goodies from the empty treasury based in Washington, D.C.. And while I may be a lot of seedy things, I’m not some scumbag continually petitioning the treasury for more and more at everyone’s else’s expense. I won’t go there.

Personally, I abhor any group that lobbies on behalf of children or senior citizens, groups that offer feel good arguments purposely crafted and intended to paint those who possess the unmitigated audacity and ultimate in temerity to dare to take issue with those arguments as uncaring, insensitive clods.

Yes, it’s for the children, or it’s for the seniors, and the rest of you can pay for it all and go fu>k yourself.

And it’s obvious that the A.A.R.P. is digging into my personal information, being that they managed to come up with my cell phone number. So if they know anything about me at all (which they obviously do), they already know that I am not a city, state or federal government employee. And they have to know that I’m not a teacher. And they likewise have to know that I was never elected or appointed to my career.

You know, I work for a living. I produce. I deliver.

With all of that duly noted, why would I be retired at the tender age of 50?

Never did I ever envision a day when the president of this fast-flailing country would refer to his growing number of critics as being “wee-weed” up. I’m not nearly as appalled as I am amazed.

I find it interesting that the Democrats did their level best to portray both George Bush and Dick Cheney as assistants in training to Satan, despite the fact that Bush--the then president--never once publicly responded to the most vociferous, the most rabid of his critics.

But since the inauguration in January, the name-calling coming from the DNC, the president, the leadership of the House and Senate, and the appointed underlings of the president has risen and risen to a now fever pitch.

The belittling has been constant, and especially ferocious since Oblahblah totally screwed up the health care reform pitch by demanding that it be done inside of a week in August. Yep, despite the fact that uncertainly was swirling around every aspect of our bottomed-out economy, he wanted what couldn’t and shouldn’t be delivered in such a short space of time and without enough due diligence having been done. Yep, he goofed.

Anyway, it’s patently obvious to me that the current mindset of the Democrats is…you’re either with us or you’re a fu>king dummy. Nice. Dividers, not uniters. Yet, they whine aloud on cue about the heated state of the “wee-weed“ “discourse.” Repudiate that!

You tell me, man. I'm not buying into the program. Obviously, I'm too completely stupid to follow along.

I snagged the following reader’s comment from David Yonki’s Snap Lac Political Letter:

Anonymous said...

Dave, you might not print this but I'll try to ask you this question. I've read you, Gort, Mark Cour and Doc Leonardi as well as the guy who ran for State Senate in the 20th a few years back. You are all well read and intelligent men. Yet I have dealt with representatives from Kanjorski's office, Musto's office, Carney's office, Sherwood's office, Rendell's office and Casey's office. Why don't they hire comon sense guys like you people instead of the wet behind the ears syncophants that nod yes, yes, yes and do nuthin, nuthin., nuthin'?

5:09 PM

Whoa! That’s a freakin’ first. I’ve been called many, many disparaging things over the years on this here Internet, but never have I been called well-read or intelligent.

Hey, I’ll work for Kanjorski. Although, it’d probably be a short run and all, since he’d probably be smart enough to deduce that it was me that put the itching powder all over his zircon-encrusted throne. Oh, and that the Whoopee cushion at the press conference was my idea. And he'd have me investigated by the A.T.F., the F.B.I., and the I.R.S. if he happened upon a single picture of myself sitting in a red kayak large enough to ram surface warships with. Rats!

Dave, when it gets so completely bad that people are complimenting the likes of me, I think it’s high time that you hire a fulltime editor to monitor the comments from your readers.

Just a friendly suggestion, mind you.

I would have loved to have taken in the localized Town Hall Meeting last night. But as I mentioned here before, I need a tad more than 40 hours warning or less. Jeez!

Either everyone is willing to drop their plans in an instant when the blogger clarion call goes out, or I’m the very last to learn of these impromptu gatherings. And as a result, the economy received much less of a boost than it could have, and all because I was not there in person paying way too much for a draft. Well, a few drafts. All right, lots of drafts. Too many drafts.

No matter, though. My grandson Zach and I settled in and watched HBO’s Band of Brothers on disc last night. Since it’s practically illegal to teach American history in our (cucumber and condom) public schools, I figure I might as well teach it.

Somebody has to do it. Right?

The big news, the all-important story is that my fantasy football draft is on tap for tomorrow. And I have the first pick.

#1, baby.

Honestly, my draft strategy is still not set in stone. Not even at this late date. I know what the conventional wisdom is, but I’m not one for going with the flow. The conference call begins just before 6 PM, and the fur will get to flying but a few moments later.

YEAH!!!

As far as this FACEBOOK gibberish goes, I started that thing for a couple of different reasons, none of which have anything to do with this thoroughly demented site.

In all honestly, I’m not even sure how it all works, or how it’s supposed to work. And any perceived sleights on my part are completely unintentional. Obviously, I have some homework to do.

Please resist the urge to get all wee-weed on me.

Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thinking yesterday how I'd LOVE to hear your comments on all the county and school district scandals. And today - here it is! Like to hear more though - Thanks !

Lostcord

Anonymous said...

You posted a thing about PJ Best and his self serving motives a while back. Good work. PJ and his father are so transparent it isn't even funny.