the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, April 12, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand, uh, darts?

When we, the people who write on the local Internet got together at Rooney's some days back, I was initially irritated by the presence of so many self-serving politicos and those paid by those politicos to spread their usual bullspit.

Which is not to say that I did not have a good time. After I accepted the mass gathering for what it was, and after I got past the fact that Gort (probably) told those newspaper reporters that I was quote/unquote "The Blogfather," I chilled out and did my level best to get along.

But the proof of my initial annoyance is the fact that I did not take a single picture that night. Not a one. And if you know me at all, you know that's really saying something. I take pictures like most people gobble prescription opiates.

Anyway, as evidenced by Facebook, all of my fellow bloggers did in fact take pictures that night. Plenty of pictures. And after seeing the best and worst of what was captured that night, this one picture probably captured the faces behind the many Web sites as well as any.

I'm assuming that this picture was taken by Michelle's husband, and I have no interest at all in bothering to confirm that.

Captured in that picture is an eclectic and diverse mix of odd people, who all have one thing in common. No matter their political leanings, no matter their ideologies and no matter what political or personal fallout may have come their way as a result of their relentless and tireless Internet forays, they did have the ball bearings necessary to go where most dare not go...into the public arena.

At the very least, if you copy this picture, blow it up 1oo times it's original size and attach it to your dartboard, you'll be the life of the party at any of the indicted politico's homes. That is, right up until they are sentenced.

And feel free to use that Atlanta Braves cap as the bulls eye.

I'm kind of used to it.

Later

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that linda stets urban walking through the picture?

zorcong said...

Yup. That would be her.

Both she and her spineless hubby could not bring themselves to speak to me that night, even though I went out of my way to stay in close qaurters with them. For a while, that is.

But come Sunday morning, she upped and wanted to be my Facebook friend.

???

Anonymous said...

She is one crazy woman. I don't know what else to say besides the fact that she definately where's the pants in that relationship.

zorcong said...

I'm not qualified to determine her level of sanity, or lack thereof.

Let's just suffice it to say that she's unique.

As for her hubby, he seems to be the type that'll talk smack on people while talking to the press, but lacks nerve when dealing with people one-on-one.

That's my opinion after repeatedly getting in his way at the irish pub in Pittston the other night.

Kind of like Tim Grier.