the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Feds raid Musto

Apparently, Sen. Raphael Musto is just full of surprises.

First, from out of left field came his surprise announcement that he would not seek another term in the State Senate. And now, from the Times Leader Web site, this...

Federal investigators searching Sen. Musto's home

The excerpt: PITTSTON TWP. - Federal investigators are searching Sen. Raphael Musto's Pittston Township home.

Sen. Musto, D-Pittston Township, confirmed the investigators are at his residence on Market Street, but he did not know what they were looking for.

"They showed me the search warrant and said they were here to search my home," Musto said. "I really don't know much about it; it just happened. They just showed me the papers and came in."

As investigators were walking through his house, Musto said he is not concerned about the search.

Hell! He sounds about as surprised as we are.

Stay tuned.

To be perfectly honest, I did not expect a lot of fireworks coming from either John Yudichak or Tom Leighton as they seek to replace Senator Musto. They both have records with which they could run on, and that's about all that I expected them to run on.

But this ridiculous attempt by Yudichak to tie Leighton to the ongoing corruption scandal by questioning Tom Leighton's association with Bill Brace is really lowbrow. And, further, to demand an explanation from Tom Leighton is downright accusatory in nature.

I would have to ask Yudichak is he ever had a friend or friends who found themselves on the wrong side of the law. I know I have. And one of them put a shotgun to his head rather than rot away in a prison cell. And I would also have to ask Yudichak if that friendship came to an abrupt halt because of the legal trouble of his friends, associates or relatives.

And much has been made of late on WILK of Tom Leighton and Bill Brace having been seen seated together at the recent Friendly Son's dinner.

I talked to a certain mayor today, and even though I know he thought that conversation to be totally off the record, he said to me, "I'm not a fair weather friend."

Those are words I can respect. And Yudichak's inflammatory attempt to hang Bill Brace around Tom Leighton's neck is not something that commands respect. At least, not in my opinion.

Brace copped to a crime. Now he has to do some time. Although, not nearly enough, again, in my opinion. And that has nothing to do with Tom Leighton.

But I do have one more question for Yudichak. Yo, John, have you ever served with anyone who was indicted, convicted, or who served time in a correctional facility? Anyone? Anyone from the State House or Senate been convicted lately?

Really? I await your explanation.

Later

Editor's note: Despite the obfuscation and borderline prevarication being bandied about, Bill Brace never served as a member of Tom Leighton's administration.

No comments: