the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, December 6, 2010

Intemperate musings

It started but a few short hours ago with this post: Bedbugs @ Daniel J. Flood Tower - Kingston, Luzerne County, PA.

By 10 am this morning, he, the author of that post, was covering this with Sue Henry on WILK.

And by 3 pm, the following electronic pulse arrived here:

Mark:

Dept. of Health paid a visit to DJFT today. All furniture from "ground zero" unit had to be removed "immediately". Was on its way out before 1 p.m. may be some other stuff going down.

Should be in T/L tomorrow or Wednesday.

KD

All of which led me to, Kayak Dude: Freaking Man of Action. Outstanding, Dude.

Speaking of Bedbugs, if anyone needs help or advice, send me a pulse. I'd be happy to help.

The big local blog-o-rama question seems to be, “What happened to Gortimus Maximus?”

Hell, we haven’t had this much intrigue on the local electronic scene since I reported that a grand jury was set to indict a local blogger as part of our ongoing corruption scandal. A report, by the way, that I made up just to see who’d be mentally incontinent enough to run with it. No names. You know who you are. Er, who y’all were. Dunces.

Anyway, what the heck happened to Gort? Fact is, for the first time ever, he did not respond to my request that he give me a buzz on the dinosaur…our land line telephone. I have no idea why.

I suppose he’s pulling a Led Zeppelin on us. That is to say, he remain as inaccessible as humanly possible so as to create as much mystery as is humanly possible. Which leads all of us sheep to that “V’ger needs to know” thing and then some.

It’s either that, or he’s preparing to return to his home planet.

I dunno.

I am sick and tired of hearing about this issue on a daily basis, an issue I consider a complete non-issue...”Don’t ask, don’t tell.”

Gays in the military? Not a problem. Here‘s why.

I’m serving in the U.S. military, practically side-by-side with you. I’m as straight as straight gets. You’re as gay as they come. The U.S. military has provided me access to a vast array of lethal weaponry. With all of that having been typed, are you really considering a sexual advance that I would consider wholly inappropriate?

That’s what I thought.

In response to some noise made on the local Internet, Charlotte Raup, president of the Wilkes-Barre Crime Watch, made an appearance on Sue Henry’s WILK show very early last week.

As a result, the owner of Wilkes-Barre’s Hardware Bar, Mr. Kamionka, made an appearance on Sue’s show as well the very next day. It was as if he wanted equal time to counter Charlotte’s assertion that the bar generates more than it’s fair share of trouble resulting in calls being made to 911. You know, that it's a nuisance.

He said all of the right things, I suppose. Economic investment. Foot traffic. And believing in the downtown. All of that urban planner type speak. But near the end of his WILK appearance, he said that rather than “slinging arrows,” Charlotte Raup ought to get together with him so they can “work on solutions.” I was awestruck by the testicular matter necessary to make that utterly absurd statement.

Solutions to what? The visibly intoxicated Fight Club wannabes crawling out of that club?

He can say all of the right things until the long overdue Rapture, but I’m not the least bit impressed. That bar is an idiot magnet, and a nuisance to it’s neighbors. Argue me that.

On a related aside, I once locked up my trusty Hummer out front and attempted to head into the Hardware, just to see what all of the fuss was about. The bouncers denied me access. They denied me access because of the dress code, at which one of the muscled-up pointed. I laughed at the two of them and wandered back to my bike.

So let’s get this straight. The girls are allowed to jiggle all about wearing little more than tassels and a pair of socks, but a bicycle rider is not allowed a look while wearing proper cycling attire.
Makes about as much sense as paying ten bucks for a single shot of whiskey.

Whatever, man.

Later

2 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

Big props to cousin Don.

But it's unfortunate that the scenario you described does not prevent routine inappropriate heterosexual activity, including harassment and rape.

Anonymous said...

"He can say all of the right things until the long overdue Rapture, but I’m not the least bit impressed. That bar is an idiot magnet, and a nuisance to it’s neighbors." I love it.