the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Oops! I'm a Republican

Right now, both of my biceps feel as if I overdid it with the bench presses. But the real reason for the ache is because today at work I had to take down a 16' X 4' section of cinder block wall with a 25-pound sledgehammer. If you've never tried this, trust me, when the time comes, pay some illegal alien to do it. Trust me.

I hit my polling place at Dan Flood School by 7 a.m., and it looked very much like it looks every election cycle that early in the morning--quiet. Two poll workers arrived there before I did. One was working for Tom Leighton. And the other sheepish-looking guy didn't even approach me with one of the election cards he had in hand. Not really sure why. Do I look that unstable?

While I was gabbing with the Tom Leighton supporter who happens to be my neighbor, the GOP's Renita Fennick arrived with election yard signs in tow. I touched base with her, but she obviously had a long, long day ahead of her, so I headed inside to do my civic duty.

There was no line. One lady was on her way out. Myself at a machine. And when I was leaving, a USPS mailman was getting ready to vote. Normally, even at 7 a.m., there's usually more early birds than this.

I've been a registered Democrat since 2003, when I switched my party affiliation just to vote against my former mayor. But on this overcast morning, I could not vote for either Tom Leighton or John Yudichak. And I could not vote for Corey O'Brien either. There was no way.

And that's because after you complete fools put that unqualified charlatan with his Trojan Horse of an agenda in the White House a while back, I switched my affiliation back to the GOP, and I will never be misaligned in any way with that group ever again. There's only one snag. I simply forgot that I was no longer a registered Democrat.

Oops!

So anyway, I was forced to vote on the Republican side of the slate. No biggie. My selections are as follows...

U.S. Senate: Pat Toomey

PA Governor: Sam Rohrer

PA Lt. Governor: Russ Diamond

PA 14th Senatorial: Since Steve Urban was running unopposed, I wrote in a vote for Frank Zappa. Sure, I realize he's been deceased since 1993. But if he pulls this out, I'll volunteer to be his paid assistant by way of a Ouigi board.

Sorry Dr. No, but I was not in the mood to be holding my nose.

PA 121st House: Jim O'Meara

US 11th House: Lou Barletta

And for that state committee stuff that got me so many Facebook friend requests (all rejected), I picked Harry Haas, David Baloga and Renita Fennick, and that's it.

At this very moment, my imported desktop radio is reading 8:09 p.m., so I'm off to WILK radio (despite Corbett) to follow the results as they become available.

Later

No comments: