the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Friday, May 7, 2010

Vote for me or: Tom Leighton scares me

I never paid much attention to John Yudichak, because, quite frankly, he never represented me. But now he wants to. So now I am paying attention.

Secondly, paying attention to anyone, that’s anyone representing Nanticoke and it’s immediate environs always made me wonder why those voters never realized they were being clearly under-represented.

Been to Nanticoke lately? The missing street signs aren’t nearly annoying as the abyss-like potholes that have literally thrown my truck out of gear. Sorry, but Nanticoke is to progress what George W. Bush is to being adored.

Being that he’s obviously not up on the latest in the ongoing Luzerne County corruption scandal, I’m going to list the Wilkes-Barre City employees that have been implicated in that saga for John “Per Diem Shack” Yudichak.

Here’s the entire list:

0!

Got it, John. Not a one. Zilch, Zero. Not a one.

So if you’re going to be reduced to throwing watery mud for the next two weeks, try mixing some shtick that will stick.

And, Tom Leighton raised taxes?

Yep, you got that one right. For one, he raised the occupational privilege tax and immediately hired a sorely-needed platoon of new police officers.

Gee, it’s not like our legislators teamed with the governor never raised our taxes and fees. They--you--brought in gambling as a panacea for everything, promised property tax relief but did not deliver, all the while gobbling up tax-exempt per diems like welfare queens at a surplus food giveaway.

Leighton raised taxes? Talk about chutzpah!

And this is rich, albeit, somewhat embarrassing coming from a grown man and a state legislator.

From the Times Leader:

Immediately after the debate, the two shook hands and exchanged words. Yudichak turned to an awaiting press corps and said Leighton had just tried to “bully me and intimidate me.”

John, John, John! Are you for real?

If you expect me to believe that, I’ve got 5,000 wooded acres with a river running through them in Nevada that you can snap up with some leftover per diem monies.

John, we need a leader, not some whiner demanding victim status at each and every candidate’s debate.

Where I come from, you came off sounding like a big pussy. And a prevaricating one, at that.

Tom Leighton bullied me! Tom Leighton bullied me!

Sorry, but I don’t vote for pussies.

I’ve been torn ever since Tom Leighton announced that he was going after Ray Musto’s seat. If it were up to me, I’d prefer that he stay right here in Wilkes-Barre and put some finishing touches on all that he’s started here.

But if this is the way Yudichak mishandles himself when presented with his first-ever serious challenge, I have to say, I’m going to take an interest in seeing his political career done away with.

Times Leader: Leighton, Yudichak clash during forum
 
Citizens’ Voice: Leighton promises surprise at tonight's debate

Although, there was that time when I called City Hall to complain about the recycling schedule, and Tom Leighton called right back and threatened to kick my ass from here to Eynon and back if I dared call there again.

Does anybody believe me?

Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was Tommy's big surprise? The one which he finally admitted to trying to cover up the fact that he wrote a letter of support for a criminal who violated the public trust?
Yuddy hipocrite, Tommy liar and drunk.
Maybe I will only vote for the one with the least flaws. Either way we are fucked up the ass without lubrication with these two dipshits.

zorcong said...

Actually, he fessed up to that letter thing while sitting with the editorial board. As in, that's really old news for anyone who pays attention.

Sounds as if you've been listening to too much Steve Corbett, wherein filthy-looking Steve gloms onto old news not yet gone public, and then claims to have hit it out of the ballpark by (re)telling the old/new tale.

And thanks for raising the literary standards around here.

You certainly have a way with, um, unprintable words.