the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Welcome to the revolution

I was drafted into the restaurant industry at the tender age of 14. I served my many tours and exfilled back to a normal, peaceful life at the age of 32.

I was good at what I was paid to do. In some respects, I was outstanding. To this date, I have extensive contacts within the industry, as well as multiple family members serving within the industry in management and corporate level positions.

I can't even imagine restaurant management in the face of rising fuel prices, rising food prices, the rising disinterest in actually working for one's check and the literal explosion of regulation since 2009. And now, thanks entirely to the left-of-center, we have this...



I know. I know the easily-led folks on the left side of the political divide now equate profit with abject evil, dishonest plundering and other assorted leftist claptrap. But, without the slimmest of profit margins remaining intact versus same-store sales during the prior fiscal year, jobs quickly go by the wayside.

The election is over. The celebratory snarkdom long behind us. Now, it's time for the grim and sobering realities to take effect.

By the way, I voted for Mitt.

Buh-bye



No comments: