the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I done my civic duty

This was my lone telephone treat last night:


“Hi. I’m Daniel Zola and I’m calling…”


CLICK!


Fothermuckers!!!


While most polibloggers cannot resist the urge to dazzle you with political insights and the like on election day, I can and will resist that urge. Thing is, I don’t really feel like writing today. Not even a little. So, even though this does qualify as a blog post, I’d liken it more to a day off for Markie. I'm gonna snuggle up with the PC version of Civilzation IV, and waste a few hours.


I arrived at my polling place at 6:55 AM, got in line, and I was registered as Voter #8. Or as I said to WILK’s Sue Henry much earlier today: I voted early but not often.


Here’s the rundown (how I voted) on what I believe are the most crucial of votes:


County Controller: Walter Griffith


County Judge: Michael Blazick & William Amesbury


County Prothonotary: Carolee Medico Oleginski


Wilkes-Barre School Board: Harry Haas & Christine Katsock.


That’s right, I voted for two, and only two. As in…two neophytes.


Home Rule: Yes


Study Commission: Walter Griffith & Charmaine Maynard.


The remaining 18 people are complete enigmas, completely unknown to me, so I voted for only the two I know enough about, but who seem ultimately qualified.


And that’s it.


Good luck to all. And after tomorrow, we'll have nothing left to argue about. And a hell of a lot less to blog about.


Them’s all of my thoughts for today.

Later


2 comments:

Gort said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gort said...

I voted for Christine. She just may win this time.