the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fantasy & a fracture

I had me one outstanding weekend. Out-effing-standing!

The NFL is back to waging barely-controlled, man-on-man physical wars again, as if any other sport really matters. Right?

Be honest. Baseball is to football what talking about fighting is to fighting. Whoa! I hit the pitch and got a bloop single completely by accident. Scored a run.


Versus...


Whoa! I hit the sumbitch and got a personal misconduct ejectment completely by accident. Scored a technical knockout.


Versus...


Whoa! I kicked a ball around for hours on end and, get this...I scored the only goal in our 1-0 upset victory!


And it's most amazing electronic companion, Fantasy Football, raged on as well. The head-to-head match-ups may not have been in my favor this week, but I have much to be encouraged about. For starters, try Drew Brees.

Woo-hoo!!!

On another note, I must remind some of you that still bother to tolerate me and mine that I have 4 grandsons, and one granddaughter.

With the boys, running into each other, climbing up and falling down from stuff and receiving stitches for this that and every wound has become old hat.

With all of that said, it's the girl that goes and suffers the bestest injury yet? A fractured wrist from the girl? Damn!

I'd be impressed and whatnot except for the fact that broken bones do not result in cool scars.

Taylor Kate, while I recognize your early childhood accomplishment, I must say, you're going to have to do better next time.


Show me where the staples were removed from your scalp, and then we'll talk. Show me a rebuilt knee, and I'll take you seriously. Show me where the muscle was torn out of...

Anyway, then we'll compare cool scars.

And unil then, get well and know that we love you.

Later

Pop-Pop

(Markie)

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

Now, now. Compound fractures can leave cool scars.

"That? That's from when I broke my arm. In half. And the bone stck through the skin."

Not that I've ever had any broken bones.

My coolest scars are from a cat (not one of mine!) and molten plastic.