the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Youtube memories

I happened upon this video...and then I sat here playing it over and over and over again.

Sandy Beach, Harveys Lake, July 1966.

In a nutshell, I was there. My image may not have been accidentally captured when all of this was videotaped, but I was there somewhere. I was there, at 7-plus years old, I was there.

And I have to say, that was my favorite place. That now defunct, torn down and grassed-over place still evokes some of my most favorite memories of being a clueless and worriless sprat. And that place--as the unverifiable legend goes--was where my mom and dad first hooked up.



If I die, know that other than being reincarnated as a brass pole in a stripper bar somewhere near here, what I want most out of the oft-promised afterlife is to fritter my days away--all over again--at Sandy Beach, Harveys Lake.

And as far as I'm concerned, one could do far worse than camping out in the U-shaped grove with my grandparents, doing the bidding of the overly generous and cantankerous land-owner Ben Rood, playing Bingo, swimming, sitting in front of all the cars lined up at the drive-in movie and spending one's weekend nights listening to Eddie Day & The Nightimers belting out some Turtle's tunes.

Me-oh-my, lucky guy is what I am...

Later

No comments: