the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, September 28, 2009

I'm busy, man

To those who've inquired, no, I ain't run off with no teen queen. Well, not yet, that is.

In actuality, despite the lingering economic malaise, I am currently working far more hours than I want to. In fact, I was out the door at 6 am today, I have an hour break as I type this and then I'm heading back out. Should be home by 9:30 pm. I hope.

I spent the better part of my day off last week teaching my grandson Zach how to ride a two-wheeler sans the training wheels. Or as he calls them, baby wheels.

And being that we're into the 3rd week of fantasy football, that's been eating into my free time in a big, big way. But, after the first couple of weeks or so, the rosters kind of settle into place and it requires much less scouting and reading and the like. So that will be less of a time-consuming concern going forward.

Speaking of fantasy football, the weekend programming on WILK is about as interesting as would be a foot race between two cinder blocks. And I got to wondering what the reaction would be if I were to pitch Nancy Kman my bright idea. How about an hour-long fantasy football show on WILK on Sunday mornings?

Yeah, the NFL teams release their injury reports by 11:30, so why can't we go on the air at 10 am or somewhere thereabouts and have at it with the fantasy routine? Who should I call for an audition?

Nancy? Joe? Mean ole Bosco?

Anywho, I'm still watching and listening and reading, but I'm working a helluva lot right now. And I'm making tons of money. And as the current political environment would prescribe, I am "more fortunate" than very many of you. One of life's undeserving winners, I suppose. But have no fear. The party currently in power has designs on any and all monies I may earn.

So hang in there, quit your crappy job, and the Dems will eventually take care of you and yours at my expense.

In parting, to Commissioner Skrep I would say, a falsified receipt is a falsified receipt. And any employer/manager worth his own pay and benefits would immediately terminate in a literal heartbeat any employee handing in bogus receipts for reimbursement. You see, out here in the real world, here in the private sector where budgets are actually balanced and raging torrents of red ink aren't the norm...theft is theft.

Consider this a free one-on-one training exchange.

Oh, and, you're welcome.

Later

No comments: