the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Photo outtake

There's something about this outtake of a photo that reminds me of Highlights for Children, that Honesdale-based kiddie magazine.



Don't ask me why. I am a walking, talking, introspective amalgamation of conflicting influences, so much so, that it sometimes makes me wish that I had me one of those glorified Donna Reed upbringings, much like the kids who grew up without fences in Forty Fort.


Did you know that was a locally generated magazine, Highlights for Children? I'd bet big, big, goofy looking Monopoly bucks printed on imported Chinese presses that you did not know that.

Personally, I miss Life Magazine. At least, I miss the award-winning photos that usually graced it's oversized covers. And I truly miss Boy's Life, a rag that is still published to this very day.

Imagine that, a magazine published for boys. In this day and age?

Heresy!

Thanks to our newly-found, enlightened state of feminine awareness that we were heavily prodded into realizing, we now know that boys and all that they bring to the world should be deleted whenever and wherever possible.

Face it. This is an enlightened, crashing society that we are now desperately trying to escape from. We'll save the whales. A couple. And we'll attempt to suck face with dangerous Polar bears, until first contact, when they rip our faces off.

But...boys?

Ewwwwwwwwww!!!
Later

No comments: