the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, May 9, 2011

Pics of Wilkes-Barre #7

For this rendition of time traveling, I need to make a correction.

I was incorrect by claiming that the previous administration of Wilkes-Barre spent $5.5 million and got nothing but a muddy hole at the Holeplex site. The fact is, we did get 4 large footers for that hefty sum that was never paid to Newcrete, the company that made the preformed pieces for what would have been a parking garage on top of a movie theater (?).

And since those footers were encroaching on adjoining private property, an injunction was filed to halt the construction and the rest is now history. An expensive snippet of history, but history nonetheless.



This picture was taken in December of 2004.

By the way, that brick apartment building in the background, The Radnor, was the site of my very first apartment. I moved in there when I was 17.

How soon they forget.

No comments: