the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Voter #2

Earlier today, even though it was raining, I done went and did my civic duty.

I was in Dan Flood Elementary by 7 A.M. and was officially listed as Voter #2.

Drat! I should have cut the line. That Luzerne County Sheriff spying the affair didn't look that big.


There, Gort. I voted for your buddy

I haven't seen that many poll workers on scene that early in the morning since the Obama-Hillary electoral showdown back in early 2008. Cards, cards and more cards they leapt at me with; not a one of which made a damn bit of difference.

Our District E City Councilman, Mike Merritt, was already shaking hands when I pulled up. So, yes, he is still around and wants another term.

Luzerne County Judge: Being that the county has been all but ruined by the network of "good old boys," I purposely went with three seemingly qualified women, Lesa Gelb, Paula Radick and Jennifer Rogers. And I also voted for Mike Blazick, Vito DeLuca and Mark Bufalino.

Luzerne County Council: The picture almost says it all, but I also voted for Eugene Kelleher. So, while I was supposed to choose 11 from the list of 16 hopefuls, I ended up voting for only 6. Oh well.

Wilkes-Barre Mayor: As a registered Republican, I chose to write in the name of the Democrat incumbent...Tom Leighton. Sorry, but I vote candidate, not party. And this one was a complete no-brainer.

Wilkes-Barre City Council: As a registered Republican, I had only 1 candidate from which to pick, so I chose to skip that one.

District Attorney: I didn't realize it until later, but somehow I managed to bypass this one. Since I absolutely abhor seeing anyone running unopposed, I had planned to write in Stefanie Salavantis' name. Oops.

Wilkes-Barre Area School Board: I voted for Coach Quinn, and that's it.

And that's the recap. That's all I got.

Later

No comments: