the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Monday, May 23, 2011

ForgottenPA

Many of you who know me know that I'm always up for a good adventure.

The river is expected to crest at 100 feet? Of course I'm up for some paddling.

As if trying to blog a mayor out of office wasn't adventure enough, I'm always ready for the next. I've done three police ride-alongs, 2 in Wilkes-Barre and 1 with the Plains Township PD. I once toured the old Wilkes-Barre Steam Heat Authority complex. Um, two weeks before it collapsed.

I also took it upon myself to tour the Hotel Sterling. I also took a stroll through the now-demolished Perry Block building only to find the center of the roof collapsed and a thriving forest on the first floor. I stuck my head in a mine before chickening out. And I have always posted pictures from my many adventures. A few, that is.

But if you want to see picture after picture after picture taken from within a hulking but fading local landmark, check out ForgottenPA's Ashley Coal Breaker tour.

And f you're interested in helping to preserve that historic local landmark, give the following a visit...

Huber Breaker Preservation Society

Later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you tour the Sterling? I've been trying to get inside since July....

LOVE the Huber Breaker--my favorite local place to explore! Love your pictures!

zorcong said...

Uh, I was in there in 2002, maybe 2003. Published 3 or 4 pictures of the destroyed interior. A sea of empty beer bottles. Used condoms and syringes. A campfire. Stuff like that.

If you're willing to trespass, the homeless drunks will always show you the easist way into any vacant structure.

Mark