the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Friday, January 20, 2012

Peter Schilling? Say it ain't so!

My brother Ray (1970-2007) was a dyed-in-the-wool metal-head.

Whether it was Metallica, Megadeath, Guns 'n Roses or Judas Priest, he rocked by the simple creedo "If it ain't loud, it ain't worth a fu>k." Something, by the way, that I, his father/brother had instilled in him.

Yet, when I bought my first computer back in '96 and showed him how easy it was to file-share and burn music to discs, he begged me to burn the following song that practically brought him to tears when he heard it after all the years had passed since it was released in the early '80s.

2010


1983


I busted his stones, of course. But I never asked him what his emotional attachment was to this song. And, unfortunately, I'll never get a chance to ask him.

So for that reason, I now find myself emotionally-attached to said song. And I'm not even sure as to why.

Whatever.

Later

No comments: