the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Casting of Lots

I just opened some snail mail sent to me by the Luzerne County Bureau of Elections, signed by Thomas P. Pizano.

RE: CASTING OF LOTS TO BREAK A TIE VOTE

As fate would have it, somebody or other wrote my name in as a write-in candidate for Member of the Republican County Committee for Wilkes-Barre City Ward 5. Or, perhaps a couple of people did as much. You got me by the dangling unmentionable parts.

And if I'm reading this right, my minimal chances of being a political power broker now hinge on the path of the bouncing electoral Ping Pong balls? Whatever.

The Casting of Lots? Wasn't that a Bible lesson or something? Shouldn't the self-aggrandizing, three-ring athiests demand a separation of Church and State-owned Ping Pong balls when they're not busily impressing themselves? Seems like it.

Anyway, this is where I'm at with all of this politico malarkey...

The Republicans in Wilkes-Barre as well as Luzerne County have been virtually invisible for generations on end without my dutiful help. And I figure they can go on being a complete non-factor without any and all assistance I may have provided them.

To be honest, until Renita Fennick finally comes back to her senses, her roots and her calling; I took my unexpected call to join the local GOP scrum as the equivalent of being General George Armstrong Custer's replacement buglar during that final gallop into history. Sad, but blatantly honest on my part.

The way I spy it, t'ain't no big thang.

Later

6 comments:

Aggie95 said...

HUH....are you telling me that there were more than 2 write in's down younder for committee person ....hmmmmm ....who would have thunk it

Forty Fort Dude said...

I received a similar letter notifying me that someone wrote my name in Republican Committee for Forty Fort Borough, Ward 1. Maybe there is a conspiracy going on here.

zorcong said...

You got me on the conspiracy angle.

Fact/truth: I was contacted about waging a last-minute write-in effort, I fully intended to go with it, but an untimely death in the family put the kibosh to that.

That's all I've got.

Markie

Gort said...

Markie the accidental committeeman. The same thing happened to DB Echo

Gort said...

it would be fun to see you at a 6th District meeting with Linda, Frank and the rest of them.

zorcong said...

Whatever, man.

I've been repeatedly punched on, KOed too many times to recall as a boy, choked, kicked quite a few times, kidnapped over state lines and once had a loaded shotgun held against my head in anger.

I've been struck with nunchucks, a steel baton, homemade clubs, a nightstick or two, a wooden crutch, and I've been slashed twice.

The 6th District folks do not worry me in the least. Not even close.

Markie