the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Politically stillborn

I'll readily admit to being unflappable on most days. Ask Wifey. No matter what may transpire; good, bad or a hair from being beyond horrible, my usual retort is "Whatever, man." She hates it.

Although, it should be noted that the touching of myself or any of my stuff draws a much different response.

Now, I just perused the PDF file from the Luzerne County Bureau of Elections which proves that I lost the tie for Ward 5 Republican Committee member when the jiggling of the electoral ping pong balls went down this past Friday. Okay, I'll type it. Whatever, man.

But what I found tugging my jaw down towards the floor was that I lost out to the GOP poll worker whom I had entrusted to distribute the write-in cards I was provided with.

Huh? What?

I guess he lined his ferret cage with those write-in cards.

Does that qualify as being 'dirty politics?'

Oh, well. Maybe the Greens will have me. All I'd have to do to become a Green committee person in excellent standing is show up wearing my pot leaf pin.

Off to the political graveyard with me. Politically stillborn, I was.

Later

3 comments:

D.B. Echo said...

That's...wow. That's SO Luzerne County.

Gort said...

What a shame, I was looking forward to your interactions with the W-B GOP. The name of the new 5th Ward committeeman sounds familiar but I just can't place it.

zorcong said...

Yeah, it would have been, ahem, some fun.

As for the new 5th Ward guy, you can usually find him in the 'letters to the ed' section. That's how I knew the name.