I ain’t felt like writing much of late. So I didn't.
I’ve been outside and working in this heat day-in and day-out. I think I got some Sun poisoning on my left arm. Either that, or like Poison Ivy or something. And while I could tell you that the heat and the like has drained the life force out of me, that would be a fib.
Truth is, it seems kind of silly to be commenting on anything as practically everything is currently going tits-up. What's the point in ranting and raving, while the edge of the precipice grows closer and closer by the day?
This one cracked me the funk up.
From the Times Leader: Penfield well blowout under control
PENFIELD, Pa. — A blowout at a natural-gas well in a remote area shot explosive gas and polluted water as high as 75 feet into the air before crews were able to tame it more than half a day later, officials said Friday.
The gas never caught fire, and no injuries were reported, but state officials worried about an explosion before the well could be controlled. The well was brought under control just after noon Friday, about 16 hours after it started spewing gas and brine, said Elizabeth Ivers, a spokeswoman for driller EOG Resources Inc.
Enron Oil & Gas, anyone?
This here natural gas blowout caused quite the stir on the Internet as well as local talk radio. Interestingly though, while the Gulf oil spill emanating up from 5,000 feet of sea water continues to gush away, the local gas blowout took all of 16 hours to contain.
Why? Because unlike the oil blowout in the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico, it’s accessible.
This is what can follow when the enviro-commies* continually get what they want. No drilling on dry land--ANWAR. No, we need to drill 5,000 feet under the surface of the ocean. We need to make it as prohibitively expensive as possible. We need it to be as dangerous as possible. And we need it to be one mishap away from disaster at all times, all by purposeful design.
So, while the beaches turn black in increasing numbers, remember, the enviro-commies saved ANWAR. (???)
What a bunch.
*Communist Goals (1963) Congressional Record -- Appendix, pp. A34-A35 (January 10, 1963)
Ah, the list, originally published in 1958 by Cleon W. Skousen, is as follows. Scroll through it, give it some thought and keep tabs on how they (and now we) are doing. Or, should I say, see how easy it was to conquer us from within.
I recently had a high school teacher telling how he loathed capitalism, and also how he'd prefer some northern European form of socialism. That's a far, far, far cry from what the average high school teacher would be spewing just 30 years ago.
Funny, the U.S. once had the dominant socio-economic system until it started adopting aspects of the European-styled "welfare state." And now, just like "Europe: The Model," now we're going broke, too! Gee, I wonder why.
Sub-prime mortgages, anyone?
Sorry, comrades. But we cannot survive economically unless there are far more producers than takers. Europe is currently being incrementally crushed under it's own entitlement weight, it's open border immigration policy and it's fast-aging indigenous population.
Current Communist Goals, EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES (Thursday, January 10, 1963)[Excerpt From "The Naked Communist," by Cleon Skousen]
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament [by] the United States would be a demonstration of moral strength.
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and Soviet satellites.
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the German question by free elections under supervision of the U.N.
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that it be set up as a one-world government with its own independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist Party.
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S. Patent Office.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers' associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policy-making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio, and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural, healthy."
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch."
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state."
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the "big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American Activities.
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.
42. Create the impression that violence and insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American tradition; that students and special-interest groups should rise up and use ["]united force["] to solve economic, political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing jurisdiction [over domestic problems. Give the World Court jurisdiction] over nations and individuals alike.
They used to call it World Domination by the Soviets and their communist brethren. These days, they call it a One World Government. Sounds kinder and gentler, don't it?
No matter what they may call it, the economic power, the military power and the sovereignty of America has to be systematically done away with.
And just a cursory glance at the recent trends, ass-backwards legislating and our downward economic standing and such clearly suggests that the party is all but over, kiddies!
Embrace the lower standard of living.