the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Tiny methane bubbles

I would be seriously remiss if I were to allow this egghead-generated bunkum to go unanswered.

UT Austin study says fracking hasn’t contaminated groundwater

The hydraulic fracturing of shale formations to develop natural gas has no direct connection to groundwater contamination, according to a study released Feb. 16 by the Energy Institute at the University of Texas at Austin

Okay, I’ll approach this issue the way I approach most things, by going all simplistic and the like. In case you somehow missed it, I like simplicity.

Simply put, I was there on January 12, 2006.

I was there at the sight where methane now bubbles uncontrollably to the surface of the Susquehanna River.

Along with my longtime paddling partner in crime, I paddled my way from picturesque Wysox right through our now bubbling Sugar Run while on my way to Nesbitt Park back here at Wilkes-Barre. And if that isn’t enough, we started our day at Sugar Run, as well as enjoyed a later pit stop at Sugar Run. And as far as my four eyes could spy, there wasn’t a single methane bubble in sight. Not a one.

Look, this is real simple.

Either the Earth just upped and decided to start convulsing at Sugar Run, or the fracking of the Earth released something that no one anticipated being released.

It ain’t rocket science. It’s simple.

Like most other things.

Later

No comments: