the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Friday, February 17, 2012

Markie the "tot"

As some of you may know, I have not laid eyes on my father, Gene J. Cour, since April 19, 1962.

As a result of feeling somewhat less than whole after all these years, every once in a while I search the Google News Archive in hopes of finding some new lead, some new clue that may result in a not-so-chance meeting.

Most of the time, the archives have nothing new to offer. But every once in a while, something new (old) bleeds to the surface. And while today's impromptu search offered up a new (old) news story about the long-ago events that resulted in my permanent separation from my father, I have to say that this is the first time I can recall being called a "tot."

I've been called a lot of unflattering things, especially since I've been writing on the Internet. But I ain't never been called a tot.

Tot Returned to Mother In Long Battle

Later

No comments: