the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Sunday, July 11, 2010

WBFD goes electronic

Once upon a time, long, long ago, I, me, my Web site was the conduit by which the Wilkes-Barre Fire Department voiced it's concerns about the-then scant attention paid to pubic safety.

Yes, there was a time when I considered very many of the "Hose Dudes" and I to be thick as thieves. But after we both got what we wanted--new leadership--the WBFD quickly separated from me when it became patently obvious that we did not see the financial end of things eye-to-eye. So be it.

And in my opinion, that's perfectly fine. You can disagree with me, you can despise me, you can outrightly detest my very being, just don't fu>k with me. And except for a couple of very insignificant scrapes, no one from the ranks of the fire department has ever done as much.

Anyway, times change, issues have a fluidity about them and where once folks shied away from political confrontations, now people are feeling more emboldened. A good thing, for sure. And some recognize the Internet as the electronic enabler of change that it is, or, that it can be when applied correctly.

With that said, the link: WB Fire Fighters Thoughts

Give it a look.

Bye

No comments: