the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My new reality

A newfangled day in the life of an award-winning termite technician.

For most of my career, and for good reason, people have repeatedly picked my brain about termites. Since the hoi polloi knows next to nothing about termites, it made complete sense for myself to be conducting impromptu Termite 101 seminars wherever I roamed.

But these days, it's all about bedbugs. Today is typical of what has become the new reality for me. I got out of bed, fielded one phone call about the current goings-on at GAR, and then found two emails seeking the same thing...advice.

My advice?

Since the bedbug explosion really has become an epidemic of sorts, what the general public needs to do is educate itself. As in, know your enemy. That is the only logical starting point. Education and then inspection, inspection, inspection.

There are plenty of resources available at the click of a mouse, so go and find some of them. Study up.

Start with this one. It runs less than seven minutes, has a few visual quirks in the beginning, but gives you an idea of where we're at.

Later

1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

I nearly did a spittake when they showed the Starship Troppers clip.