Man oh man, an Uncle Paul sighting.
Now that Paul Kanjorski has come out of hiding to weigh in on the Bresnahan-Bidenetti congressional scrum, I need to remind locals that Kanjo's best idea while toiling away in the political exosphere was to erect an inflatable dam in front of raw sewage at Wilkes-Barre.
No fooling. Try looking into the negative impact sewage outflows have on the Susquehanna River here in the Wyoming Valley. I know, taking a long, hard look at raw sewage flowing into a river doesn't sound like much fun, but, I will tell you, paddling through toilet paper isn't what unimportant people such as ourselves would refer to as recreating.
If you have yet to paddle through what a sewage outflow discharges into our river, I would tell you to never, ever try it. Been there, done that.
For full disclosure, I did not initiate the fight against Kanjo's ill-fated rubber dam.
This here guy invited me.
I met Paul Kanjorski in Nanticoke when Bravo Battery returned home from Iraq. I suggested that we take the millions devoted to constructing concrete steps on Wilkes-Barre's waterfront coupled with the millionns appropriated for the rubber condom of a dam...take that money and fix the oft-overwhelmed storm sewer system that resulted into sewage discharges every time it rains for more than an hour.
His response: "Son, you don't know how Washington works."
Really?
Say hello to my grandfather's brother...
And since we're having so much fun, I'll leave you with this...


No comments:
Post a Comment