the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Friday, April 1, 2011

Franklin's: 400 Kidder Street

They went and ripped down my Franklin's Alma mater...400 Kidder Street. I was there early this morning, watching the machinery tear through what little remained. And I was saddened by it.

Citizen's Voice: Shuttered W-B restaurant demolished


Yeah, that's me in the back and to the right. And assembled with me there on the front steps were a group of employees who were accompanying me to WVIA circa 1988 to answer phones during one of the television station's many pledge drives. Actually, we still have the broadcast video from that night that Wifey taped on VHS.

Oddly enough, the only part of the building that was still standing when I arrived this morning was my old office. Not sure if that has any significance, but this is the second time I've had to witness a restaurant--a building--being torn down that I absolutely loved working in. Percy Brown's, now Franklin's. And fortunately enough, the very last time.

Later

No comments: