the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Xmas: "...I'll punch him in the face"

Turns out, I got everything I wanted for Christmas on Christmas Eve. In one fell swoop, the New York Football Giants managed to knock both the cross-town Jets and the Philthydumpia "Dream Team" Eagles from the playoffs. Now that's what I call going ("ground & pound" on) green!

Check this reported post-game exchange between Jint's running back Brandon Jacobs and Jets' motor-mouthed coach Rexomouthus Erectus...

Running back Brandon Jacobs said he had an exchange with Ryan after the game in which the coach approached him, used an expletive and said, "Wait till we win the Super Bowl."

Added Jacobs: "And I told him I'll punch him in the face. I told him out of all these Giants players on this team you're talking to the wrong one. And that was that."

Ryan acknowledged that he and Jacobs "had a private conversation. He doesn't like me; I respect him."

Ah, yes, Merry effing Christmas.




I managed to pull off a Sprawl-Mart free Christmas, something I'm very pleased about. Yep, no pepper spray, no sneaker riots and no hanging out with bad actors for this spirited shopper. My shopping was just about limited to K-Mart, Toys R Us and good ole Boscov's.

I enjoyed a brisk downtown walkabout early yesterday afternoon. In addition to Boscov's being very busy, Valley Seafood and the soup kitchen were likewise bombed. Anywho, I carried those two over sized shopping bags all the way home only to find that one of the bags had split and three boxes of Legos had gone AWOL on me. You know, those inexpensive Legos. As if!

We had the three local grandrodents over last night. The other two will be in route from Tennessee tomorrow morning. I talked to my sister on the phone yesterday, but she devolved into a sobbing mess when the dearly departed came up. I knew way back when that she'd never progress much past the grief stage when mom went away. But I never figured on my brother adding a double dose to her painful mix. Nothing I can do to change it.

Anyway, all is as well as it can be. I'm in for a quiet day of relaxation. And I hope anyone who has the misfortune of reading this can say the same.

Later

No comments: