the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Friday, January 29, 2010

A retraction

One of the biggest no-nos, probably the biggest pitfall of all of the many (literary?) pitfalls for bloggers is the publishing of something that is not true.

The thing is, if you endeavor to blog about others, you had better have your facts straight. And if you do not have your facts straight, it can lead to repercussions from which there is no escape or return.
Anyway, a couple of days ago, I listed my only granddaughter's age as being 5. In actuality, she is real, real close to turning 7-years-old.

And I am wholeheartedly sorry for the undo duress and confusion I'm told it caused her. Gee, with school, and little league and kickball, the last thing she needs is me causing her stress.

Tyler, sorry about that.
But before you disown me, consider this, if you will.

I'm old and senile. And if that's not bad enough, I am a fiscal Conservative and a social Centrist leaning slightly Conservative. And by every known measurable standard (template), that means I have no idea about what I'm talking about on any given issue on any given day.
Hell, I'm so completely out of it, I still admire Ronald Reagan's unshakable optimism and his unequivocally steadfast belief that America was indeed truly special. Proof that I'm just not with "it."

Again, I'm sorry Tyler.


Bye
(Editor's note: Please excuse the inside joke. While I did get her age wrong completely by accident, I deliberately got her name wrong. It's Taylor, not Tyler.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tay says your in big trouble when she gets up there...