the barcode printer: free barcode generator

Thursday, March 8, 2012

From the email inbox: chemicals or baiting?

Since somebody asked via the email inbox, let's do this.

I get this question over and over and over again. I have termites. Should I go with the chemical treatment or the baiting system?

I cannot effectively answer that question without first inspecting your property. But from what you described, specifically the condition of your foundation walls, the suggested baiting system will provide you with long-lasting protection.

For all intents and purposes, we did not have a Winter. It was too warm, and practically devoid of ground frost or snow cover.

In anticipation of Spring's arrival, I always begin tuning up the hundreds of termite monitoring/baiting systems I have installed in the field on March 1st. But during a typical wintery March, I may or may not encounter a live termite in the field.

With that stated, I have run into live termites on multiple occasions since mid-February, which for me is unheard of. Plus, I was stunned to find live, but cold and sluggish termites in a ground station this past Monday--March the 5th--despite the overnight low temperature being in the teens.

In my opinion, for those few of us that deal in termite control, this is going to be one helluva slog. No matter though. I'm all stocked up on extra strength Icy Hot, batteries for my AM radio and I'm ready to rock.

This here video will explain a lot.

Later

No comments: